Sunday, November 13, 2011

Skating Party

Roller Puppy!
This cake was made for one half of a set of twins.  Victoria specifically asked for a dog on roller skates.  I wasn't exactly sure how to pull that off but I agreed and started looking for ideas.  I ended up combining a few ideas I got off of the internet and some lessons I learned from yummyarts.com.  I love that site.  I learned a lot doing this cake.  The grass tip makes for good 'fur' but makes for bad traveling.  The strands are very fragile.  All in all, I think it turned out pretty well.  This was a white cake, hand sculpted and then covered in buttercream icing.  The ears are gumpaste, the tongue is a pink starburst and the nose and eyes are junior mints I commandeered from my son's Halloween candy stash. 

No comments:

Post a Comment