Sunday, November 13, 2011

Skating Party Part 2

The other half of the twins requested a chocolate cake that was a disco ball.  ...a disco ball...right....  The ball part was easy. I've got a few 'ball' pans so getting the round shape wasn't a biggie.  My question was how to display it so it looked like a true disco ball?  It had to be shiny and it needed to be raised somehow to give that 'up in the air' effect.  I ended up treating myself to my first ever airbrush and tried my hand at using airbrush colors.  I'm excited for another opportunity to use it.  I think Ms. Caroline was pleased with the results.  The cake is covered in itty bitty squares of fondant, all hand applied and then airbrushed with silver.. To add a little extra shimmer, I used an edible glitter on top of the silver. 

No comments:

Post a Comment